Informacje

Character Image jest spisem wizerunków prowadzony z myślą o autorach grających na blogach grupowych. Funkcjonuje już od 6 sierpnia 2015 roku.
Character Image przechodzi aktualizację. Poprawione karty ze zdjęciami pojawiać się będą na bieżąco na stronie głównej bloga.

6 grudnia 2015

Miranda Richardson


demaupin:

Interviewer: Why did you turn down the lead role in Fatal Attraction, the role that turned Glenn Close into a household name?
Miranda Richardson: I genuinely can’t do crap. If I don’t believe in a role, I can’t pull it off. There have been people who have wondered why on earth I would not do that role, but I felt so strongly that it was demonising women.
It was a case of, ‘Let’s present the female character not as a person but as a representation of what women are capable of.’ I thought it was hideous and didn’t want to have anything to do with it. [x]
***
“Can we not go there?” she says crisply, rolling her eyes. “Me and whose army turned down Fatal Attraction? It was hideously demonizing, and there’s a sinister attitude behind it.” […]
“There are lots of those roles,” she says wearily. “I got offered Jade, which was vile and went nowhere. So I feel quite happy about those choices.”
“I don’t know who I think I am,” she adds in a wry aside. One actress’s moral choice is another’s Hollywood meal ticket, after all. “But there’s no point doing it. You just lose your soul.” [x]

minisawhent:

Fangirl Challenge  [14/15] actresses » Miranda Richardson



“I like people to be surprised by the turn of events. I don`t want things just to be pat and formulaic. If there`s some sort of internal combustion in the character or a desire to change the way things are going, that makes for conflict, which is the essence of drama.”



justcira:

(scanned from “Observer” ; 3 March 1985 ; pg28)

monsieur-qui:

Miranda Richardson, The Artist is Present.
Day 53, 10 minutes.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Szablon wykonany przez prudence. Źródła: 7Themes.com MRUwisko Helplogger